Monday, March 3, 2014

BACK IN TOWN

Isn't that a line from Mac the Knife?  Mackie's back in town. . . . Well, here we are and I'm reminded of the immortal words on the T of C tee:  we're all here because we're not all there.

My copy of The Widows' Handbook came while I was away.  I just started to look it over.  I always begin with my poems - checking to see if Ruggieri is spelled correctly.  Then I read the contributor notes and this anthology has very classy notes:  Foreward by Ruth Bader Ginsburg, poems by Maxine Kumin, Mary Oliver, Sandra Gilbert, Tess Gallagher and, of course, moi.  It's an excellent anthology published by Kent State University Press.  The editors, Lisa Menn and Jacqueline Lapidus, have a marketing plan in place, setting up readings across the country. Be sure to attend the one in your area.
Even if you aren't a widow you probably will be because women outlast men by several years.

No comments:

Post a Comment