Thursday, February 27, 2014

LEAVING STARRY NIGHTS

FEBRUARY 27, 2014

Went to the Riverbend Hot Springs yesterday and alternated soaks between the
three tubs - very hot, medium hot and just right.  Not crowded so I was able to
sit alone and contemplate - what does it mean when a black dog crosses your path?
Poets think of such deep questions.

I did think of a poem when a heavy set man got into the pool and the water level rose.
Archimedes principle - if I remember correctly he got out of the tub and ran into town
shouting "Eureka!"  I just switched to another tub.  But that "Eureka!" -  isn't that how
ideas come to you? I came back to my little apartment and worked on an Archimedes poem.

Leaving for Albuquerque later this afternoon and tomorrow (Southwest Air willing) I'll
be back in Buffalo.

          off the I90
          buffalo sculptures roam
          the exit

I love them.  Tried to find out more about them but google was not helpful.
Does anyone know how they got there? who made them?




No comments:

Post a Comment