Sunday, May 25, 2014

MAY 4, 2014  CHERRY BLOSSOM FESTIVAL IN BUFFALO.

Went to the Cherry Blossom Festival at the History Museum in Buffalo Sunday accompanying a friend who was doing an origami demonstration. I helped set up his display and spent most of the afternoon taking pictures of the activities. 


Robert Taylor and Kyoko Rossman admiring origami.

Kyoko’s lotus blossoms.

Robert’s folded geometric designs.

Japanese dancers – Odori no Kai performed early in the afternoon.   

You can see the dancers in the photo holding cherry blossoms to celebrate spring – the blossoms representing the incredible beauty of life and the fragility as the blossoming is so brief.

While I was snapping away at items in the Japanese garden on the shore of Delaware Lake I ran into a poet-friend and listened to him read some umbrella poems accompanied by the author-guitarist, Dan Kolb.  It was wonderful to see all the arty activity in Buffalo and I was regretting I lived so far away but there was a sharp cold wind off the lake which reminded me why Buffalo residents don’t put the long underwear away until the end of June.

No comments:

Post a Comment